Come home to the center of it all
A move to Oakwood is also a move to the Dayton and Miami Valley region, which offers a winning combination of low cost of living, variable seasonal climate, and a location at the crossroads of Interstates 75 and 70 that puts more than 60% of the U.S. population within a 600-mile reach.
Right here in the Dayton region, you'll find:
- Employers like Wright-Patterson Air Force Base, LexisNexis, and Teradata
- Nationally recognized healthcare facilities
- 40 colleges and universities, enrolling more than 100,000 students
- Great shopping, dining, and entertainment
- More green space than any other metropolitan area of comparable size
- Easy access to a range of recreational activities
- Local professional, college, and high school teams to root for - including the Dayton Dragons minor-league baseball team and the Dayton Gems professional hockey team
- Family fun with year-round festivals and fairs
- Abundant arts and cultural resources
The region is at the heart of the nation, too. Cincinnati and Columbus are each just over an hour away. Cleveland, Indianapolis, and Chicago are within easy driving distance. New York, Boston, Washington, DC, Atlanta and Miami are close enough for one-day turnaround meetings when flying out of the convenient, low-cost Dayton International Airport.